Monday, December 18, 2006

Evolution

I kind of felt unfair on my part to have thought a hundred times before purchasing my music player a couple of months back wondering if it would do justice to hold the music collection after looking at the picture below. The music player could hold songs until it hits the 1 GB size is what the ads on the internet claimed.



Apparently, this one happens to be a hard disk with 5MB of storage size and weighed over a ton launched by IMB in September 1956. 305 RAMAC - the first computer with a hard disk drive (HDD). I doubt if this would be good enough to hold one 5 min 192 kbps song in it.

Photo Source - An email forward.
Not that I am a great fan of those email forwards that build up one dumb suspense by making you scroll down a hundred kilometres to finally break a supposed-to-be great message and a 'Read this and send it to a hundred people and you would receive a huge surprise the next day' offer. This huge surprise is never gonna come and am never ever gonna forward any of these emails.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmm..interesting ...btw when are u getting me Zune ;-)

Partha said...

Yeah I ll get the Zune for 'Anonymous' :-P